Working at Arbin
Arbin is a global leader in manufacturing test equipment for batteries and other energy storage device applications. The battery industry has skyrocketed over the last decade and so has Arbin by nearly quadrupling in revenue over the same period. We invest nearly half our profits back into research & development to ensure we stay ahead of industry trends (and our competitors). As a privately owned company, Arbin promotes a family/team oriented culture with regular company-wide events and a friendly atmosphere.
Our customers include some of the largest electric vehicle manufacturers, consumer electronic manufacturers, universities and research labs, and battery manufacturers around the world.
Arbin offers a great balance of work and leisure whether you enjoy the great outdoors, or the great indoors. During lunch, employees frequent several walking tails around Arbin’s property when the weather is nice, or make internal laps around our 65k sqft facility. If fishing is more your style, a covered deck offers relaxation in the well stocked pond. Another common occurrence during lunch and after work is to hear the familiar patter of ping pong balls and joyful exclamation on one of three table tennis courts.
Immediate Positions Available
Sales Engineer - Europe
Arbin is looking for a European based Sales Engineer to provide technical sales and support to Europe and the surrounding regions. This position will be based in Munich, Germany and will primarily focus on growing the European market and finding new customers through cold-calls, routine follow up, and on-site visits. The Sales Engineer will attend conferences, visit customers, and work with agents to assure customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing prospects and following up with customer inquiries through phone, email, online presentations, and on-site product demonstrations
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers for new business
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers
- Create quotations and technical proposals for formal bidding processes, and overcome objections of prospective customers
- Regularly attend conferences to interact with customers, develop relationships, and understand the state of the market
- Understand Arbin’s product line and industry in order to create, write, and edit technical application notes
- Actively manage contacts and maintain up-to-date sales forecast
- Manage Arbin’s European Agent network
- Phone and email support for European based customers and agents to answer technical questions and provide assistance. This position will coordinate with customers and Arbin’s Support department to determine when on-site visits are required, and will help arrange the visit.
- Arbin is looking for candidates with a degree in Engineering, or similar degree field
- Candidate must be self-motivated and capable of working independently
- Experience in selling and supporting electronic or technical equipment
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and German are required. Multilingual candidates are preferred (French, Spanish, etc.)
- This position requires frequent travel
Please contact HR@arbin.com and CC: Sheila@arbin.com
Ways to Help Our Team
Arbin is a thriving company in the thriving energy storage industry. We are always looking for highly qualified individuals in the departments listed below. Please submit your resume if you are interested in contributing to our team. HR@arbin.com
Research and Development:
From custom projects to improving existing designs, Research and Development has been one of Arbin’s primary strengths since the beginning. Arbin needs qualified Electrical and Mechanical Engineers for circuit and hardware design for our entire range of products.
Arbin has developed multiple software interfaces for our testing systems over the years and needs qualified Software Engineers to develop and maintain existing and new products, as well as to develop internal sales and support database tools.
Arbin prides itself on world class customer support. Arbin needs qualified engineers to troubleshoot and improve on existing designs. Arbin hires engineers capable of troubleshooting software and hardware problems as well as improving current designs.
Arbin offers several standard product lines, but customization is one of our biggest strengths. This is why Arbin hires Engineers and other technically oriented people that can communicate effectively and insure that customers get the correct product that fits their particular needs.
Please submit resume’s to HR@arbin.com.